There are several memorials throughout Kings Park:
* Honour Avenues with the spectacular sugar gum trees and other trees lining the road verges throughout Kings Park. In front of each tree is a plaque honouring those service men who died in action or as a result of wounds received;
* Bali Memorial that is dedicated to the 16 Western Australian victims, the injured and those who helped the survivors of the terrorist bombings in October 2002.
* War Memorial that includes the Cenotaph, Court of Contemplation, Flame of Remembrance and Pool of Reflection.
* Edith Cowan Clock that was built as a memorial to Edith Cowan the first woman elected to an Australian parliament.
* The Kokoda Track Memorial Walk is a tribute to the Australians who fought in Papua New Guinea in 1942 - 43.
As Kings Park is only a 10 minute walk from home Tim & I decided to become members of The Friends of Kings Park which promotes community involvement within Kings Parks. I have signed up to volunteer in the bush regeneration work.
|View of the city|
|Tree top walkway|
|One of the Honour Avenues|
|Another of the Honour Avenues|
|Australia Day 2011|