Thursday 21 July 2011

Oranges and Lemons

Our neighbours have told me that winter is the time for the garden and as I walk around the streets of Subiaco and Shenton Park I find that there are amazing gardens out on the verge of the streets and in the front yards of homes.

When I talk about gardens I'm not talking about the traditional flowering shrubs or manicured 'boxed hedged' gardens I'm talking about the vegie garden; there seems to be vegie patches and citrus fruit tree's everywhere.

For the last 30 odd years Tim and I have had vegie patches, fruit trees and even chooks at one time, so we have a love of being self sufficient.  Unfortunately where we are currently living doesn't allow us to have that vegie patch, so I look on enviously at all these lucky people that are making the most of every bit of dirt space they have.






No comments:

Post a Comment